France/Launch of the Agency for Development and Transitions, an unprecedented cooperation between 200 French communes
On Wednesday November 8, 2023, the presidents and representatives of 10 French local authorities gathered to inaugurate the first development and transitions agency. Its aim: to collectively support economic players in their sustainable transformation, with a view to achieving social, environmental and economic performance.
Climate, social and economic crises are transforming the global economy. Companies are suffering the consequences, and need to adapt as quickly as possible. Yet, according to the IPCC, the International Panel on Climate Change, the means put in place seem insufficient. Business models, economic sectors and employment are constantly evolving, and economic players are an important lever for driving powerful changes in society.
Territories must therefore play a strategic and driving role in the new global ecosystem. Faced with this urgent situation, the time has come to bring all our strengths together.
The Agency is the fruit of close cooperation between 10 founding local authorities representing 200 communes:
- Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole,
- Région Occitanie / Pyrénées - Méditerranée,
- Communauté d'Agglomération Sète Agglopôle Méditerranée,
- Communauté d'Agglomération Hérault Méditerranée,
- Communauté d'Agglomération du Pays de l'Or,
- Communauté de Communes du Pays de Lunel,
- Communauté de Communes du Grand Pic Saint-Loup,
- Communauté de Communes de la Vallée de l'Hérault,
- Communauté de Communes du Clermontais,
- Communauté de Communes Lodévois et Larzac.