Mise en ligne le 19 octobre à 17:26
UNCDF is looking for a volunteer to support the West and Central Africa office in the monitoring and implementation of its portfolio of projects and programmes. UNCDF's activities aim to boost local development by improving access to finance for local governments and small and medium enterprises. This is achieved through capacity building programmes, the development of innovative financial mechanisms and the identification, structuring and financing of high impact local projects/infrastructure.
Main activities to be carried out:
The volunteer will contribute to the following tasks:
- Provide analytical support and conduct research on local and regional development finance;
- Support the drafting of scoping/project documents, technical reports, performance reviews and country annual reports;
- Participate in working and consultation meetings with project stakeholders and write and share minutes;
- Support UNCDF resource mobilization efforts;
- Develop communication tools;
- Provide support for the organization of scoping and technical assistance missions.
Duration of the mission:
Dakar and travel to various regions of Senegal.
Master's level (minimum) in one of the following fields: Economics, Management, Public Policy or other related field.
Desired professional experience:
Candidates should demonstrate experience(s) in the following areas:
- Management of complex projects in a field related to sustainable development objectives;
- Management of partnerships with high-level public and private actors;
- Experience in local financing, implementation of development projects in Africa or in an LDC.
Previous experience with a UN agency would be an advantage.
Core competencies required
- Demonstrated interest in local development issues in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in French and English, ability to effectively communicate intentions and requirements to stakeholders;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and in a team;
- Ability to move projects forward while exercising sound judgment, ability to bring new and useful ideas to fruition;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Language(s) desired and level:
Excellent knowledge of French and English (written and oral).
Conditions of the VSI contract:
- Status of the Volunteer for International Solidarity (law of 2005) ;
- Installation allowance and resettlement allowance on return;
- Monthly subsistence allowance: this allowance does not have the character of a salary or remuneration, and allows to accomplish the mission in decent living conditions;
- Social security coverage (supplementary health insurance, repatriation insurance, old age insurance);
- Provision of accommodation;
- Travel expenses 1 return trip between the place of residence and the place of assignment.
CV and cover letter to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject line of your email: "N° 3S1268. UNCDF. Senegal".
Mission to be done : December 2021 - January 2022
Application deadline: November 2, 2021
IMPORTANT: The international solidarity volunteer cannot carry out a mission in the country of which he/she is a national or a legal resident. Consequently, thank you to the persons of Senegalese nationality not to answer this announcement.
|Type of ad||Jobs|
|Country||Equatorial Guinea, France, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Togo|
Association, international solidarity NGO
Espace Volontariats du SÃ©nÃ©gal