Mise en ligne le 21 avril à 16:53
Within the framework of the cooperation agreement renewed on 25 October 2019 between Bordeaux Metropole/Mairie de Bordeaux and the Urban Community of Douala (Cameroon), Bordeaux Metropole wishes to have recourse to the support of a Volunteer for International Solidarity (VSI).
Douala, the economic capital of the country, concentrates most of the country's businesses with numerous infrastructure projects. The objective is to bring together the actors of Douala with those of Bordeaux and to co-build projects in the areas defined in the cooperation agreement.
The VSI will represent Bordeaux Metropole to the authorities and local actors in Douala. He/she will be in charge of animating the partnership by ensuring the follow-up of initiated projects and by launching new ones.
The VSI is thus a relay of Bordeaux Metropole in Douala.
CONCRETE ACTIVITIES TO BE CARRIED OUT :
- Represent Bordeaux Metropole and the Bordeaux City Council to Cameroonian partners;
- Act as a link between Bordeaux Metropole, metropolitan actors and Cameroonian contacts;
- Participate in the consolidation of institutional links with local partners: be the interface between the services of Bordeaux Metropole/Mayor of Bordeaux and the Urban Community of Douala;
- Identify, define, support and monitor the implementation of projects in line with the themes of the agreement (impetus/participation in working meetings, regular meetings with partners and stakeholders, circulation of information, field visits), and participate in the search for co-financing (responses to calls for projects or calls for AFD initiatives, foundations, etc.);
- Organizing seminars;
- Ensure an information watch on the Cameroonian context;
- Organize missions in France and the reception of delegations in Cameroon;
- Set up monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Ensure a weekly reporting to Bordeaux Metropole.
The VSI will be based, in whole or in part, in the premises of the Urban Community of Douala.
He/she will be supervised and supported remotely by the referent in charge of this cooperation in Bordeaux Metropole.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Generalist profile at Master 2 level, in political science, international relations, international cooperation and development;
- Experience in project management will be appreciated.
KNOWLEDGE AND KNOW-HOW :
- Knowledge of local authorities and decentralised cooperation;
- Knowledge of the African continent (past academic, professional or personal experience);
- Knowledge of Neoaquitain actors;
- Ability to analyse the interplay of actors.
Language skills: English level B1 minimum, for occasional exchanges with interlocutors in English-speaking Cameroon.
- Ability to adapt and integrate;
- Ability to work independently and self-discipline;
- Aptitude for multiculturalism;
- Sense of diplomacy.
Miscellaneous: Driving licence.
Location: Douala, Cameroon;
Accommodation: rent paid by the Douala Urban Community;
Means of transport: car of the Douala Urban Community.
- Status of Volunteer of International Solidarity (law of 2005);
- Contract duration: 1 year renewable;
- Monthly allowance of 800 euros;
- Preservation of unemployment rights if necessary: the volunteer will be able to benefit from unemployment benefits once back in France if rights were open before his/her departure;
- Social security coverage: coverage by the Caisse des Français de l'Étranger, mutual insurance, repatriation insurance, civil liability, pension contributions;
- Travel expenses to and from the place of residence to the place of assignment;
- Professional budget to cover expenses related to the mission.
TO APPLY :
RECRUITMENT SCHEDULE :
Interviews: end of May (remote).
Preliminary internship at Bordeaux Métropole: July
Preparation for departure at IFAID: early September.
Departure on mission: mid-September.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES :
Applications (CV + cover letter) to be sent before May 7 (inclusive) to email@example.com subject: Application_VSI_Cameroon_Bordeaux Métropole\_2021.
|Type of ad||Collaborations|
|By mail :||Send a message|