Mise en ligne le 3 mars à 17:21
The AIS Forum, which is designed to include island states and archipelagic countries regardless of their location, size and level of development, is seeking interns to support the AIS project which is implemented in three main programmes, namely, (1) Entrepreneurship, (2) Research and Development, and (3) Partnership and International Collaboration.
The AIS Forum will create a unique group of nations to address the challenges of sustainable use of ocean resources, resilience to climate change, ocean pollution, emergency management and sustainable fisheries. As a result, the intern will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist the ISA Secretariat team members in compiling relevant contacts and creating a database of ISA stakeholders for the African region.
- Support the ISA Secretariat team members in the implementation of the AIS programme, including preparation of events, development of programme activities and provision of data for the drafting of AIS programme documents.
- Support the AIS team members in carrying out social media and website management tasks, especially for content from the Africa region (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Assist the AIS team members in conducting research to identify relevant contacts and stakeholders in the Middle East, the Mediterranean and Europe.
- Assist AIS team members in analysing and developing AIS programmes and initiatives.
- Provide support to seminars, workshops, conferences of the AIS Secretariat, as appropriate, and follow up on key events, including the working group, senior officials or inter-ministerial meetings.
At the end of the internship, the trainee should have the following results:
- Improved capacity and experience in literature research, project management and program development
- Improved capacity, experience and understanding of climate change mitigation adaptation, marine plastic debris, good maritime governance and blue economy issues.
- Minimum qualifications.
The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Candidate with a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master's degree or higher); or in the last academic year of a first university programme (such as a bachelor's degree or equivalent); or have recently obtained a university degree and, if selected, must start the traineeship within one year of graduation in the field of social sciences, international relations, environmental studies, business administration, public administration, political science, marine or related fields.
- Or be enrolled in a postgraduate professional internship program and undertake the internship as part of that program.
- Demonstrated knowledge/interest in marine issues.
- Currently resides and is a citizen of Cabo Verde / Comoros / Guinea Bissau / Madagascar / Mauritius / Sao Tome and Principe / Seychelles
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, communication and research skills
At the end of the mission, the trainee shall / may:
- An in-depth understanding of the global practice of international development, in particular of the United Nations system, and of the approaches the United Nations uses to translate its global values and the spirit of practical work.
- In-depth analytical skills and experience in the field of AIS cooperation.
- Acquisition of a thorough understanding of (inter-) governmental and business processes in the region.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application: 15 March 2021
|Type of ad||Internships|
|Country||Comores, Guinea-Bissau, Madagascar, Maurice, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles|
|Advertiser||SecrÃ©tariat du Forum AIS |
Association, international solidarity NGO
SecrÃ©tariat du Forum AIS
|By mail :||Send a message|