Mise en ligne le 8 février à 19:18
All over Belgium, Red Cross volunteers are working to improve the lives of vulnerable people. Within this framework, we invest ourselves as a priority in the fight against the consequences of poverty and exclusion. In view of the alarming number of homeless people in the Brussels-Capital Region, the Red Cross is working alongside other actors in the sector. Particular attention is paid to people in a situation of administrative irregularity.
Within this framework, the Red Cross organizes a meal distribution centre and a daytime reception, complemented by a shower service in partnership with other associations.
In order to support the team of employees for the daytime reception, the distribution of meals and the establishment of social links, the Red Cross is looking for volunteers.
How can you help?
You may be asked to help with one or more of the following tasks for the homeless and vulnerable:
- ensuring a warm welcome,
- inform them and/or direct them towards the services present on site and/or towards partners,
- give them shower tickets, hot drinks, canteen seats, masks,
- (e.g. facilitating their access to showers and toilets) and ensuring their smooth running;
- participate in logistical tasks (making coffee, washing cloths, tidying up stocks of equipment and foodstuffs),
- organize and/or participate in group activities (conversation tables, board games, etc.),
- contribute to a good climate, the safety of all and the respect of protective measures within the framework of Covid-19.
Are you cut out for this activity?
- You share the Principles and Values of the Red Cross.
- You are dynamic, at ease with diversity and interculturality.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, you have good listening skills
- You are assertive and discreet.
- You are autonomous but you also appreciate teamwork.
- You have a working knowledge of English, knowledge of other languages such as Arabic, Amharic, Tigrinya is an asset.
What training will you be required to take?
As a new volunteer, you commit to participate in an introductory module on the Red Cross (3 hours).
Before starting work, you will have to read the welcome kit which presents the preventive and hygiene measures to be respected in the centre. In addition, you will benefit from a global support with moments of follow-up and experience sharing. Thematic training sessions relating to reorientation, health promotion, hygiene measures, etc. are regularly organised.
Where will you intervene?
You will take part in the activities carried out within the centre for the homeless (PSA), located at Avenue du Port 94-98, 1000 Brussels.
When do you have to be available?
For the permanence at the centre in the morning: 8am to 12pm
For lunch: 11:30 am to 2:30 pm
For the permanence in the centre in the afternoon and/or shower service: 12:30 to 17:30
For the evening meal: 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Schedules of services:
Weekdays during the day and evenings
Details: For the permanence at the centre in the morning : 8h to 12h For the lunch at midday : 11h30 to 14h30 For the permanence at the centre in the afternoon and/or shower service : 12h30 to 17h30 For the evening meal : 17h30 to 20h
Place of performance:
PSA - Centre for the Homeless
Avenue du Port 94-98 - Brussels
If you are interested or if you would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Type of ad||Collaborations|
|Advertiser||Croix-Rouge de Belgique|
Association, humanitarian NGO
|By mail :||Send a message|